Finding Love in a Hopeless Place?

Originally published September 2016.

MY THOUGHTS ON ME BEFORE YOU


Me Before You was a really good movie, and I get the whole point of the ending. I understand why Will made his choice and I understand why he didn't want to be a burden on Louise. I get it--unless I am in a situation like him in that type of excrutiating pain...

But--I don't know--call me a hopeless romantic fool, if I found the love of my life, my soulmate, someone who finally made me feel alive after months of feeling, so, well, dead...I would've taken Louisa's offer.

Again, it's just my opinion, but a love like that is worth all the pain and suffering in the world necessary just to hold on for just one more day.

So, Will, yes I know you're a fictional character and that your note at the end there was heartfelt...but if it's love, you wouldn't have been an anchor or a regret...it would have been a life worth living, not like before, not like the old Will, but a different Will, and possibly even a better Will...but hey, that's fiction...

I can only write MY stories the way I want them to...

~Michael DeNobile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm On My Way, Driving 90 Down These Country Lanes

The Banality of Evil: A Reflection on the Film Hannah Arendt (2012) and the Book Eichmann in Jerusalem (1963)